VFL Manuscripts on Microfilm
To retrieve a list of all available manuscripts in a given collection, after selecting city, library, and collection, simply click "Search".MORE SEARCH TIPS
To search for a manuscript on microfilm:Select a City:
- Select the name of the city in which the manuscript is located from the City dropdown menu.
- Next, under the Library dropdown menu, select the name of the desired institution.
- Clicking on "Search" at this time will bring up all our available microfilmed manuscripts in this repository.
- If the Collection dropdown menu appears, it will display all the collections in this repository for which microfilms are available.
- To find a microfilm for a specific manuscript in a specific collection, select the collection, type the manuscript number in the blank field, and then click on Search.
- If the manuscript you want does not have a collection name, then type in its number.
- If we have a copy of this manuscript, its number will appear, along with the roll number of its microfilm. If the result is hyperlinked, click the link to call up the SLU library's record of that manuscript.
- This database only searches shelfmarks, not authors, dates, or other identifying details.
- Results filed by arabic numerals will file based on absolute digits, not on whole numbers; e.g. 1, 11, 111, 2, 21, 3 etc.
- All collections and repositories represented in our collections are listed in the dropdown menus. If the city, repository or collection you are looking for is not there, we do not own any reproductions of those materials.
- You may search at any point, after limiting by City, Repository, or Collection; if you leave the space blank, you will get a list of all of the materials from that city, repository, or collection.